ROAD & HIGHWAY
GDS provides highly accurate dense topographic and imagery survey data for road and highway feasibility studies, design, operation and maintenance to optimize cost and time.
INNOVATIVE GDS SOLUTIONS
Most cost effective design of new roads and railways, minimizing earthworks and quantities while maximizing quality by analyzing several alignments.
- Maximizes accuracy and density of topographical and digital imagery data
- Minimizes survey time and cost
- Optimizes operation and maintenance of road and infrastructure
- Efficient planning for any environmental impacts
- Ensuring access at all route points
- Assists road risk management to assure safety in design, construction, operation, maintenance and emergency response of facilities
Airborne Laser Scanning Spatial Data Acquisition and GIS Data Integration to Produce Digital Terrain Modeling and Slope Maps for IKRAM Research Centre
Airborne Survey and Mapping for Stability Assessment of Rock Slope Along Jalan Duta Expressway for PLUS Expressway Berhad by Minconsult Sdn Bhd
East Coast Expressway (Phase 2) – Aerial Survey and Realignment Study
Proposed Airborne Laser and Digital Imagery Survey – Kuala Lumpur – Karak Highway
- North-South Expressway (PLUS)-Proposed Production of As-Built Drawings, Contours, Longitudinal Profiling and Cross-Section Plans, Hydraulic Modeling and GIS Spatial Data Updates using Light Detection and Ranging System (LiDAR) for NSE Stretches at Sections N1, N2 and Northern Part of N5
- Project Area: 139.5 km x 0.4 km
- LiDAR Data Acquisition and GPS Static Surveying: 10 days
- DTM/DEM and Contours Delivered: 3 weeks after airborne data acquisition completed
- Final Mapping, Orthophoto Mosaic and GIS Delivered: 3 weeks after airborne data acquisition completed
GDS was assigned to conduct LiDAR and topographical imagery surveys at the northern region of North-South Expressway (NSE). The objective of the survey was to produce a GIS basemap of the project sites and to identify potential flooding areas in Alor Pongsu. The project areas were located from Bukit Kayu Hitam (KM 0.0) to Sungai Petani Selatan (KM 110.10), Changkat Jering (KM 219.6) to Sungai Perak (KM 249) and Alor Pongsu (KM 179.6 to KM 179.9). The total survey length was 139.8 km and the width was 400m along the project areas.
GPS static survey took 10 days and LiDAR data acquisition was completed in merely 8 days by using a Matrix Q560 scanner system. The average all points density of the collected data was 3.3 points/m2. The average ground point density was 1.1 points/m2. The data processing was accomplished within four weeks. GDS produced an accurate Digital Terrain Model (DTM), orthophoto mosaic and digitized features of the project area. The attributes data for all the digitized features was updated into the geodatabase based on TEMAN (Total Expressway Maintenance Management System) Network Referencing System without resorting to third party database applications. The final deliverables was based on RSO projection and the height was based on MyGeiod model. A 3-D fly through and a flood simulation was produced as part of the deliverables. The success and timely completion of the project depended on the establishment of efficient procedures and comprehensive quality checking performed uniformly on all components of the delivered data.